Saturday 28 September 2019

5. Teaching Practice


1.  Procedures of teaching
The things I prepared before doing the teaching practice, include:
  • The first week I made observations in class. I observed about how to teach the teacher, class atmosphere, and others. 
  • The second week I did assistant teaching with the class teacher (teacher paint) in several classes. This week is discussing free fall. We did a practicum about proving the theory.
  • The third and fourth week I do practice teaching
  • Before teaching practice, I consulted with the class teacher, namely Teacher paint (Grade 10/1 and Grade 10/2) and Teacher Eh (Grade 10/3) to determine the learning topics and methods. I prepare lesson plans and media to support my learning. Unfortunately the media for vectors is not available so I only use projectors, whiteboards, and worksheets. My schedule for teaching has been distributed by Teacher Adam in only three classes, scheduled for Wednesday at 7 (1.30-2.20 PM) at Grade 10/1, Thursday at 1 (8.30-9.20 AM) at 10/3 grade, and Thursday at 9th (3.10-4.00 PM) at Grade 10/2.


After some preparation, I did the teaching practice on schedule. Wah, I am very nervous but I enjoy!


Teaching Practice at Mathayom 4 in VRU Demonstration School

2.Time Management and Organizing Actvities
To time management I refer to the lesson plan that I have prepared before. My class is only one hour of learning (50 minutes). That time I divided the opening, core, and closing of one hour of learning. For more details, see my lesson plan below this page.

In organizing activities I also refer to the lesson plan. There I teach with each of the stages that I have planned in the learning activities in the lesson plan. I also supervise the class as during the discussion, I ask about the material and re-explain the material if there are students who do not understand.

3.  Problem Solving
Teaching in class is a challenge for me. I got a standard program class where students and teachers used to communicate in Thai language only. There are a few tips to make it easier to teach and make students understand.
"Don't teach too much material in one hour of learning, students will be confused and bored," said Teacher Paint.
 "Don't be too fast to explain the material and use more media so students understand better, " said Mrs. Maria, my supervisor.

4. Classroom Management
When teaching, I control the class by using agreements with students such as to be more focused, active in asking questions and answering, and if left the classroom must have permission. In addition, I also pay attention to students who are less focused by asking questions related to the material so that it is more focused.
Teaching Practice at Mathayom 4 in VRU Demonstration School
5. Lesson plan
yeay, this is my lesson plan. You can see and make a reference, if there is an error, sorry..

you can click here, 

Lesson Plan - Free Fall Motion
Lesson Plan - Vector